Hey guys! It’s been a minute since I’ve blogged something, I know. Going into summer I was like “sweet, it’s gonna be nice outside, the sun will give me motivation to do stuff”…but that was one big NOPE. Apparently when it’s hot out I do not become my most productive self. I also realized that since I heavily rely on daylight for taking blog photos (what happens when you’re too poor to afford a ring light) the sun gives me the WORST lighting ever, so I basically took blog photos twice this summer on the only cloudy days we got. Vancouver got so hot this summer that it was unbearable (at least for me it was) and wearing makeup has turned into such a struggle because as I said, me + heat = let me nap and nap only, so because of this, I turned to natural, glowy makeup looks as a solution. I thought I’d finally sit my ass down with my laptop and share my summer makeup favorite’s with you guys. Now obviously I’ve used more than these 5 products this summer but these are the ones that I constantly reach for when I have no idea what I’m doing (which, let’s face it, is 24/7):
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation: when I bought this last year, I used it maybe three times because I was super into the Matte version and never put it down. For whatever reason, this summer has been all about dewy, natural skin so I found myself reaching for this foundation almost every day. I LOVE the radiant finish it gives me and the coverage is really great. I wouldn’t say it lasts 24hrs like it says, but it definitely is a foundation I can wear all day and not worry too much. Not to mention it’s crazy affordable and can be found on sale frequently at your local London Drugs! I use shade 203, thought I could probably go down to 202 since I’m more pale this summer.
- Maybelline FitMe Concealer: I gotta say, these drug store brands are NOT PLAYING lately! They have been upping their game so hard and I personally think that’s amazing because this concealer is sooo comparable to the Nars Creamy Concealer for a much more affordable price! I really love the coverage with this concealer because it doesn’t look cakey like some super heavy concealers can do if you use too much (Tarte Shape Tape). This one combined with product #1 make me look radiant and I’m always getting compliments on my skin! I’m shade 15 fair.
- Vichy Teint Ideal Bronze: when I originally received this bronzer as PR I liked it but I wasn’t like over the hill excited about it because it was pretty light. However since being super into looking makeup-less, I’ve been reaching for it constantly as it gives such a nice light, golden bronze and blends so nicely into my skin. It can also be used as a blush. I am really loving the sunkissed glow look and this is perfect for that, I swear!
- Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Satisfy: This, combined with the Vichy bronzer is my life right now. This is my favorite blush to date. It feels so buttery and soft, and the color is just gorgeous for summer but will be great for fall as well! I don’t have a favorite blush color yet, it depends on my mood (sometimes pink sometimes coral, etc), but this one is just soooo pretty and super pigmented too so a light hand will suffice!
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush: usually I use a beauty blender for pretty much everything because when it comes to brushes I’m pretty clueless tbh and while it may look like I have a lot of brushes, most of them are pretty crappy, buuut I recently tried out this buffing brush that’s been sitting there for ages with my foundation, and I am living for it! It buffs the product out sooo nicely and gives my face a flawless finish.
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Base: okay so I got this as a sample months ago when I ordered some MAC stuff and I only just started using it recently and it’s almost all used up! 🙁 I have such a hard time finding primers that I like but this one is definitely my favorite right now and I will be buying the full size! It just holds everything together nicely and doesn’t grease my skin up like some super siliconey primers do!
I know I always say I’ll try to post more and then I’m MIA for ages but I swear, I will try! I personally think summer is a shitty time to blog because we’re all busy trying to live life and enjoy the sunshine while its here (especially those of us in Raincouver!) but there will be a part two coming to this post which is my summer SKINCARE favorites, so stay tuned for that one but for now I’m gonna go listen to some Ed Sheeran and get ready to go to Ikea!
As always, thanks for reading :*