Happy Thursday babes!
So back in January I discovered Ipsy and thought that getting a personalized bag of beauty goodies delivered to my door was the coolest thing ever. I wasn’t wrong! So far, I have been extremely happy with all of my Ipsy bags, but this May one was particularly awesome and the bag is way too cute!
- Mellow Matte Lipstick in NUDE: This lipstick is actually VERY impressive. Apparently Ipsy was sending either Nude or Madness (medium red) and while I love red lipsticks, I was really hoping for the nude and that’s what I got! The formula is very nice, the lipstick nice and creamy with a matte finish, doesn’t dry out. The only thing that could be better is how long it actually stays on as I found myself re-applying a few times throughout the day. This didn’t even bother me though because the colour is soooo pretty! This is definitely something I would buy again and again, especially considering they are $13.00 ea which is very little compared to most brands I buy.
- INSPR Beauty Eye Fluff Brush #282: Not too much to say about this one, super nice brush for fluffing, I use it for my crease and for a bit of blending, nice and soft, haven’t noticed any fall-outs. Also a steal at $12.00 on their website!
- Eau Thermale Avene Micellar Lotion: This is a gentle make up remover intended for sensitive skin. The first time I used it I used it to take off my eye make up and did feel some stinging which I thought was odd since they do say you can use it on your eyes , but it definitely didn’t irritate my face at all and it isn’t oily which is great. Maybe I will just use the rest of the bottle on my face and avoid the eye area for now.
- Jersey Shore Moisture Rich Hydrating Balm in “Lavender”: This one also got me super excited because I really love lip balms and use them 23543 times a day. This one in particular I have fallen in love with. It smells of lavender, hence the name, is suuuper hydrating and rich (guess the name does fit!). I had never heard of Jersey Shore before this and I gotta say after looking them up I am impressed! Their products are 100% organic, natural and cruelty-free!! My lip balm is made up of sunflower oil, coconut oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, lavender oil and vitamin E- PERFECT.
- IT Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner: I haven’t actually tried this one on my eyes yet, but I did do a sample on my hand and the formula is quite creamy! Gel liners worry me because in my experience they are prone to smudging (this is great when you actually want to smudge though) so usually I stick to liquid liners like this one here by Stila. This one does seem to stay on for quite a while without smudging though, and for $22.00 it’s not that bad of an idea so I recommend you try it out!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my reviews on my Ipsy products and that you think about getting an Ipsy subscription yourself if you don’t already have one!
If you DO have one I would love to hear your comments and what you guys got this month!