Alright so I’ve been slacking again with my posts, but I have good reasons, I swear! I’m not going to give anything away just yet, but some exciting life and career improvements are coming up! Also not gonna lie, I was suffering through a serious case of writers block and got tired of writing your basic review posts so I’m trying to come up with some different and better content for you guys! Luckily I did a lot of online shopping during this super busy time, and I got to try some new products as well as re-purchase some old friends that haven’t been around for a while, so I put together another favorites’ post for you guys for the month of March!
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in “Soft Ochre” – This has been on my “need to have” list for a while now thanks to some of my favorite youtubers, like NikkieTutorials & Laura Lee (@larlarlee). I was queasy about picking a shade online because it’s hard for me to tell what a shade is really like on the MAC website, but luckily NikkieTutorials seems to have very similar skin-tone to me so I got the shade Soft Ochre which ended up being perfect so, phew! I’ve been using this as an eye shadow primer and I’m literally obsessed with how perfect it is. I used to use liquid eye primers and I never really found one that I was in love with as I always felt my eye lids were too wet or greasy or it moved the shadows around, but the paint pot is perfect! I always set it with a light shade first though as it is a cream. At $26.00 CDN I think it’s definitely reasonable for such a good product.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz in “Medium Brown” – I’ve been using ABH brow products for a good two years now but it took me this bloody long to actually order the brow whiz. I have the dip brow and the brow duo and I mostly went back and forth between the two and about two months ago I was at my mums place and forgot to do my brows, so I swiped my sisters brow whiz in medium brown and gave it a whirl. My mouth basically dropped at how freaking EASY it was to do my brows with this product and how much better they looked compared to the brow duo powder so I went and bought my own (the shade was also perfect for me). I have to say I also really like that there’s a spoolie on the other end because I’m a lazy creature. At $27.00 CDN it’s definitely a bit up there in pricing for a brow pencil, and I’m sure there are tons of dupes out there but unless I find one that is considerably less in price but the same product, I’ll stick with ABH.
- Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm – This product came a-creepin’ back into my beauty bag must haves after a good 3 or 4 years! This was one of my first super “high end brand” products that I bought when I first started getting into makeup and I just think that the packaging is super cute and elegant and the product itself is lovely! It smells beautifully of rose, a scent that always makes me feel luxurious and relaxed. There is one thing that I do need to clear up here though. The product name says “smoothing plumping lip balm,” and while it is smoothing and hydrating, I can’t really say it’s plumping because I’ve never noticed a plump in my lips from using it (to be honest I’ve never seen any plumping lip gloss or balm ACTUALLY plump haha) but plumping isn’t a huge concern of mine and what I like about this is that even though it says it’s plumping and I don’t find that it is, it doesn’t have any tingling or burning sensations like most lip plumpers do, making it very comfortable for me and lets me use it as a regular lip balm. It’s definitely a pricey product at $35.00 CDN (it’s Dior, duh), but if you feel like treating yourself to a bit of rose-scented luxury and you’re indifferent to a plumping effect, then I say get it girl!
- Pupa Milano Vamp! Extreme Mascara – This guy came as a gift from Croatia, and to be honest I never actually researched the brand or where to buy it until I started writing this post. This is literally the BEST mascara I have ever used!! My lashes are pretty sad and pathetic without mascara and a lot of the time even with it because it’s bloody hard finding a mascara that actually does anything! I was BLOWN AWAY by this product and how long, and dramatic it makes my lashes look! It’s not clumpy at all yet creates almost a fake lashes look. My ooooonly beef with it (nothing’s perfect!) is that it goes on a bit wetter than most mascara’s so I just try and be careful and make sure to let it dry before I attempt to spray my face with setting spray or worse, sneeze, cause girrrrl I do not want to look like a racoon unless it’s halloween! I tried to find a price for you guys, but their website doesn’t show anything, however you can apparently order this on Amazon for variable prices (here’s a link for Amazon where it’s $19.00 CDN, nooot bad). Lucky for me my dad is going to Croatia in May so I’ll be forcing him to stock up for me!
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in “Creme Cup” – YASSS MY BABY IS BACK! I don’t even know why it took me two years to re-order my favorite lipstick in the world (probably thanks to the liquid lipstick over-hype) but alas, it did. To this day I still have no idea where my old one went though I’m pretty sure I lost it during my 3 month hiatus in Serbia back in 2014. Anyways, this lipstick is a beautiful nude-pink with a cream-sheen finish, super comfortable on the lips, obviously needs re-application during the day as it’s neither matte nor liquid but I’m totally okay with that because it’s the perfect every-day lipstick for me and goes with literally everything!
Well there you have it guys, those are my March favorites- a pretty good collection if I do say so myself. What are your favorites right now? Share below and as always, thanks for reading!