Last year I wrote my first blog post called “Lipstick Love” (on May 20th to be exact) so I thought I would commemorate the moment by doing an other lipstick post albeit two days early. It’s crazy looking at that first post I ever wrote and thinking about how far I’ve come in just 12 months! Last year I had five lipsticks shades that I was loving, and they were all liquid lipsticks, mostly nudes, with long lasting and full coverage. Let’s dive in and see if my preferences have changed!
- Kylie Cosmetics liquid lip in Candy K – Alright this one would probably fit into last years post pretty well. Nude, liquid, matte, it’s got all the qualities. This is my go-to lipstick, I wear it all the time, day and night. It’s the one I reach for when I have no idea which lip colour to do. It’s reliable, good looking, smells like vanilla and always there for me (men could learn a lot from Candy K)
- Vapour lipstick in Au Pair – I got this in my April MapleBlume box which I haven’t reviewed yet so I’m not going to give toooo much about this one away here, but I looove this sheer cranberry shade! It smells like candy and looks great! It’s more of a light sheen lipstick and is only a bit darker than my lips. I love this on on days where I don’t do any eye makeup and I want a super natural look, it’s beautiful!
- Jeffree Star liquid lip in I’m Nude – this is actually a super new edition to the lippy fam. In last years post I featured “Rezy” from the Lipland Amrezy collection. Rezy was my favorite nude and I somehow lost it and was searching for something similar so I got the JSC one as I wanted to give his lipsticks a try anyway. This is a SUPER nude shade, more cool-tone than peachy but I actually ended up really liking it and I’ve been wearing it nearly every day.
- MAC lipstick in Creme Cup – I’ve already mentioned this lipstick a few times. It’s a MAC Cremesheen pink-nude and I love it. It’s pigmented, creamy, easy to apply and looks good with everything. Perfect for Spring and Summer.
- NYX Velvet Matte lipstick in Beach Casual – Yes, another nude. I got about a million of these at a NYX event last year, and this color is so gorgeous alone or ombre’d with anything. Lots of times I like to use this with Candy K. It’s very creamy and feels nice on the lips but has a matte finish and actually stays on for a few hours.
- MAC lipstick in Russian Red – This to me is the perfect, classic, red lipstick and is my go-to for nights out when I want something sexy and bold. I pair it with the MAC lip liner in Brick. It’s a deadly combo!
Alright so from what I’m seeing, there are definitely similarities to last year and a couple differences. I’ve clearly gone back to classic lipstick tubes for the most part; still loving the nudes but have branched out a little bit for sure and I’m not obsessed with matte lipsticks only anymore but have opened my eyes up to some creamy or sheen ones as well depending on the look I’m going for. It’s been such a pleasure for me seeing my blog grow and improve over the last year, from quality of content, to quality of photos, it’s really been quite the ride and learning experience and I’m excited for another year of even more learning and improving!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and as usual thank you so much for reading!