Even though the blasted weather network has said Vancouver should expect more snow in March, I am determined to get into Spring mode! This means I can finally wear pretty, bright or pastel colors again and possibly switch to a lighter jacket (please mother nature, please). Spring is a great time to bring out the bright lip, natural eyes look! So I thought I’d post a few of my favorite pink lipsticks so that you guys can start getting prepared.
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Respect the Pink“ – I received this from NYX last spring, and it is really SUCH a bold and beautiful spring color. It has a semi-matte/cream finish and stays on for hours without touch up. It isn’t a full matte finish so it doesn’t dry the lips either.
- Cargo Cosmetics lip gloss in “Anguilla“ – I honestly have no clue how this gloss got into my makeup collection, but it’s here and I’m happy! This is actually a gloss and it’s very light but ends up giving my lips a pearly-pink shine which I j’adore. It’s a bit on the sticky side so be careful when it’s windy out, but Anguilla is great when you feel like something simple and natural on those errand-running days.
- Pixi Mattelustre lipstick in “Pure Fuchsia” – As I’m sure you guys have noticed, I am a huuuuge fan of Pixi Beauty. I don’t have as many products from their makeup line as I do skincare but I got this lipstick from a friend and I fell in love with the color instantly! It’s a beautiful (though cream-sheen, not matte) bold fuchsia that looks beautiful on pretty much anyone. With this one I do have to re-apply more often than with a matte lippie, but it literally glides onto my lips like no tomorrow, so it’s not daunting at all.
- NYX Velvet Matte lipstick in “Effervescent” – I really love this collection from NYX. I received so many from them and they are just beautiful. This color is one of my favorites. It’s a beautiful rosey-pink, and always makes me feel so elegant and feminine. True to its name, the lipsticks in this collection glide on like velvet and have a full matte finish without drying the lips like a matte liquid lipstick would.
- Charlotte Tilbury in “Velvet Underground“ – Last year I decided I HAD to have a CT lipstick so I went to Nordstorm and refused to leave until I found the perfect lipstick. I fell in love with Velvet Underground the second I saw it. It’s a darker magenta shade with a cream finish, and amazing for a sexy Springtime night out on the town. This shade says “I’m a strong independent woman and you don’t want to f*ck with me” – at least to me it does haha. The packaging is amazing too, I love anything rose gold. Because this lipstick isn’t matte, it does transfer and needs re-application, but who cares because it’s so beautiful!
Swatches left to right: Charlotte Tilbury, Pixi, NYX Suede Cream, NYX Velvet Matte, Cargo Cosmetics
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I felt I needed to switch it up a bit from just regular ol’ reviews. What pink lipsticks do you guys love? share, share, share!