Happy 2017 my lovelies! It’s been a heck of a year I must say, and one of my most cherished moments of 2016 was starting this blog after so many years of holding back. I’ve decided to share my favorite 2016 make up products with you all, and I’m absolutely stoked to see what new products will be added to the list for this new year.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills “Moonchild” Glow Kit: As we all know, 2016 was the year for glow-slayage. I know I wasn’t the only one walking around like a glazed donut, and this glow kit definitely became my favorite and fast! With 6 stunning colors to choose from, it was definitely worth its price of $40 USD. (If you’re super into the glow, make sure you pack on all 6 at once, you’ll be seen from space!)
- Mellow Matte Lipstick in “Nude”: I received this lipstick in my first Ipsy bag back in February and I fell in love! It’s such a beautiful nude color with a matte finish, but it’s still slightly creamy so it doesn’t dry out your lips. It also has a nice smell to it and the packaging is adorable. You can grab this baby here for $13.00USD.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in 003: This was definitely the best discovery of the year! I used to spend soooo much money on mediocre foundations, and after discovering this baby, I am never going back! Retailing for about $21 CDN (half less than any Sephora foundation and often on sale), this foundation seriously lasts all day without any touch-up whatsoever. I started with 003 but have since switched to 002 as my summer glow has disappeared. I give this guy a 10/10 and will recommend to anyone!
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: This is another product that has taken over the world in 2016 and shown us how to bake! It took me a long time to actually go out and purchase it, but when I finally did I seriously questioned myself as to why I didn’t buy it earlier. Best setting powder ever! Other than setting my face, when used in the under-eye area it does an amazing job at adding extra brightness for those “got no sleep last night” mornings. Retails at Sephora for $47.00 CDN and is worth every penny!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills “Modern Renaissance“: Best palette I’ve ever bought. No joke. I’ve already mentioned it on the blog several times, and you can find a full review here, but I have never looked back after buying this.
- Pixi Rose Oil Blend: I recently reviewed this product (here), and it’s a fairly new addition to my skin care family. This oil is amazing in so many ways, and gives my skin such a radiant glow that I can actually leave my house with no foundation on! Pair it with the Glowtion Day Dew and girl, you will slay all day!
- Tatcha Luminous Skin Mist: I’ve tried quite a few skin mists in 2016 (read here), and this one is my favorite. Most of my make up is matte-finish oriented, so I like spritzing this on afterwards to give my face slight dewiness and dimension. The mist smells divine and the packaging is tres chic. I find Tatcha to be a bit over-priced as an overall brand, but I wouldn’t mind paying $48.00 USD for this mist again. It’s like the cherry on top of a perfect face.
Well ladies, there you have it. My top 6 slay products of 2016. What were your top 2016 products? Let me know in the comments and maybe I’ll give them a try in 2017!